Muldoon Monument Company finished the construction of the Louisville Confederate Monument on July 30, 1895. At the time of completion, the monument occupied a plot of land at the intersection of Shipp and Third Street. Shipp Street later became Confederate Place, and eventually Brandeis Avenue. The Georgia granite monument stood at seventy feet. The monument held three bronze Confederate soldiers. The Louisville monument closely resembled another Confederate monument in Raleigh, North Carolina also constructed by Muldoon. German sculptor, Ferdinand von Miller II, molded the bronze figures. The Kentucky Woman’s Confederate Monument Associate completed their project of honoring the Confederate soldiers and contributing to the Lost Cause sentiments in the state.